Did you recently get hit by another motorist while stopped at traffic lights or entering an intersection in Oklahoma City?
Then you may be able to file suit against the at-fault party to recover the damages you need to pay for your medical expenses and vehicle repair bills. To do so, however, you will require the advice and guidance of a skilled Oklahoma City red and yellow light accident lawyer from McGuire Law Firm.
How Our Oklahoma City Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help with Your Traffic Light Accident Case
When the residents of Oklahoma City need a lawyer to help them fight for compensation after a motor vehicle crash at a traffic light, they know that they can count on McGuire Law Firm.
Our legal team has the statutory knowledge and judicial experience required to handle just about any case – no matter how complex it may be.
If you hire our Oklahoma City personal injury lawyers to assist you with your lawsuit, we will:
- Answer any questions you have about your case or the legal system
- Conduct an independent investigation into the cause of your crash
- Search for evidence that could prove the defendant’s liability
- Analyze the details of your case and assess your damages
- Handle your case’s administrative workload on your behalf
- Provide you with astute legal advice at every stage of your case
- Devise an effective legal strategy for your car accident case
- Help you understand your possible legal options
- Speak with the defendant’s insurance company on your behalf
- Negotiate a settlement with the defendant’s insurer
- Argue on your behalf in civil court, if necessary
Do you want to have a skilled car accident lawyer from McGuire Law Firm help you file a personal injury lawsuit? Then please give us a call to set up a free consultation at our law offices in Oklahoma City as soon as possible. Having spent many years in the legal industry, we know how to win cases like yours.
Common Causes of Red and Yellow Light Crashes in Oklahoma City
Auto accidents happen almost every day at the hundreds of traffic lights scattered throughout Oklahoma City. But what causes these collisions to occur so frequently? In most cases, one or more of the following factors is to blame:
- Fatigued driving
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Improper turning
- Poor visibility
- Inclement weather conditions
- Poorly marked roads
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Faulty or defective traffic lights
Did you suffer an injury or lose a family member after a negligent motorist chose to run a red light in Oklahoma City, OK? Then please do not hesitate to get in touch with the skilled wrongful death and personal injury lawyers at McGuire Law Firm. We might be able to use our knowledge of the law to help you recover some much-needed compensation.
Proving Liability in Oklahoma Red and Yellow Light Accident Cases
Recovering compensation after an auto accident at a red or yellow traffic light is not quite as simple as filing a few legal documents with the court and waiting for money to arrive into a bank account. No, individuals who wish to achieve favorable outcomes to their cases must prove that:
- The other party owed them a duty of care
- The other party’s negligence or recklessness breached that duty
- The other party’s breach of duty caused them to suffer an injury
- Their injury is as debilitating and life-altering as they claim
To prove these four points, plaintiffs must generally present the court with a plethora of relevant evidentiary materials, like:
- Footage from a red light camera at the intersection
- Pictures from the accident scene
- The police crash report
- Testimony from witnesses, and
- Medical records
The attorneys at McGuire Law Firm have been helping the residents of Oklahoma City gather evidence for their personal injury lawsuits for years. We know where to look and who to talk with to find the materials required to prove a defendant’s liability. If you would like to have us assist you with your case, please give us a call or contact us online today.
Common Injuries Sustained By the Victims of OKC Traffic Light Crashes
When the residents of Oklahoma City get into accidents at red and yellow lights, they can sustain a wide variety of different injuries – some of which have the potential to leave them permanently disabled or in chronic pain.
A brief list of some of the most common injuries suffered by the victims of these types of car crashes would include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: When Oklahomans hit their heads during car crashes, they often suffer brain injuries.
- Burns: Red and yellow light accidents often cause fires that can leave drivers and passengers with severe burns.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: It is not at all unusual for motorists to damage their spines when they get into crashes at traffic lights.
- Amputations: When drivers in Oklahoma suffer severe damage to their arms or legs, doctors must often amputate the limb to avoid infection.
- Facial Disfigurement: Oklahomans regularly sustain broken bones and lacerations in their face during car accidents.
- Internal Organ Injuries: It is not uncommon for the victims of red and yellow light crashes to suffer damage to their heart, lungs, and other internal organs.
Did you recently sustain one of these injuries because an oncoming driver kept going after a traffic light turned red? If so, please reach out to a legal professional from McGuire Law Firm at your earliest convenience. Our team of skilled attorneys has handled countless cases like yours over the years and would be more than happy to stand up for you.
Deadline for Filing Car Accident Lawsuits in the State of Oklahoma
The statute of limitations for most personal injury lawsuits in the state of Oklahoma is two years. As a result, people who suffer injuries while making left turns or stopping for crossing pedestrians at traffic lights must sue the at-fault party before the second anniversary of their accident. Those who do not do so typically lose their right to civil justice.
The state of Oklahoma makes an exception to its statutory limits for kids who sustain injuries in car accidents. Since the law does not allow minors to file lawsuits, their two-year timer cannot start on the day of their crash. As such, it instead begins on the first day they can take action against the liable party – their 18th birthday.
Of course, the parents of injured kids do not have to wait until they reach adulthood before they can pursue damages. They may file suit on behalf of their child at any time before they reach the age of 18.
Is your statute of limitations set to expire in the coming weeks or months? Then please reach out to the legal team at McGuire Law Firm as soon as you can. We might be able to expedite your filing process.
Compensation Available to Oklahoma Traffic Light Accident Victims
When insurance companies, judges, and juries sit down to calculate how much compensation the victims of red and yellow light accidents should receive, they tend to look at factors such as:
- The fees associated with the victim’s initial medical treatment
- The cost of the victim’s rehabilitative care
- The amount of time the victim missed from work
- The impact the victim’s injury will have on their earning capacity
- The cost to repair or replace the victim’s damaged personal property
- The effect the victim’s injury will have on their overall quality of life
- The mental pain the victim went through because of their injury
- The limits on the at-fault motorist’s auto insurance policy
When the attorneys at McGuire Law Firm help injured Oklahomans file lawsuits for traffic light accidents, we demand compensation for their:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of future earnings
- Property damage
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
If the at-fault party acted with malice, our skilled attorneys also fight for punitive (or exemplary) damages. Payouts of this type can run as high as $100,000 in the state of Oklahoma.
Would you like to have a skilled attorney from McGuire Law Firm take a look at your car accident case and give you an estimate of its worth? If so, please reach out to arrange a free initial consultation at our Oklahoma City law office as soon as you can. We have been working on these types of cases for years, so you can be confident that our estimate is accurate.
Your Trusted Oklahoma City Red and Yellow Light Accidents Lawyer
When you want help fighting for compensation after getting hit by a drunk or fatigued driver at a traffic light, there is only one place you need to turn – McGuire Law Firm. Our litigators have been handling cases like yours for years and are ready to go to battle for you. Give our Oklahoma City red and yellow light accidents lawyers a call or send us an email today to set up a meeting with a member of our team.