Oklahoma City Anesthesia Injuries Lawyer
What should you do if you were injured by an anesthesia error in Oklahoma City, OK? You can contact an Oklahoma City anesthesia injuries lawyer for help.
At the McGuire Law Firm, our Oklahoma City personal injury lawyers have over 60 years of experience handling injury claims, which include medical malpractice claims.
We are dedicated to standing up for the rights of injury victims to receive full compensation for damages caused by negligence and wrongdoing.
Contact our law firm today to schedule your free consultation with a medical malpractice attorney in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
How Our Oklahoma City Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Been Injured Because of Anesthesia Errors
Our attorneys understand that you have been through a traumatic experience. You sustained additional injuries and harm because of the negligence of medical professionals.
You deserve to be compensated for your losses and damages.
At the McGuire Law Firm, we are passionate and dedicated Oklahoma City personal injury attorneys. We have fought for and recovered multi-million dollar awards for our clients.
You can rely on us to aggressively pursue the maximum compensation available for your personal injury claim.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Investigate how you sustained your injuries and identify who is responsible
- Aggressively pursue all sources of compensation available for your claim
- Handle all aspects of your personal injury claim so you can focus on your recovery and health care
- File insurance claims and notices of claims with all responsible parties
- Handle all communications with insurance companies
- Initiate aggressive negotiations for a fair settlement
- File all legal and court documents necessary to protect your best interests
Over 60 years, our Oklahoma City personal injury attorneys have handled countless medical malpractice cases and represented victims of medical negligence. We are not afraid of a court battle and will not hesitate to file a medical malpractice lawsuit when necessary to protect your rights.
Call our office today to schedule a free consultation with an Oklahoma City anesthesia injuries lawyer to discuss your case.
How Common Are Anesthesia Injuries?
Anesthesia is used in numerous medical procedures. It allows doctors to perform surgeries and other medical treatments without the patient feeling pain or distress. However, for some patients, anesthesia injuries can be worse than the condition that was being treated.
Many sources claim that about 1 in 200,000 to 300,000 patients die from anesthesia errors each year in the United States. Another study found that between 2007 and 2014, there were 17,116 anesthesia errors reported in the U.S. During that period, there were 131 deaths reported.
Anesthesia errors and mistakes occur regularly. Some anesthesia injuries could not be avoided. However, many patients injured because of anesthesia errors are the victims of medical malpractice.
Overview of Anesthesia Injuries
Anesthesiologists owe a duty of care and are held to a standard of care just as all other doctors. When anesthesiologists or other medical professionals make medical errors or are negligent in their duty of care, patients suffer.
What Are Common Causes of Anesthesia Injuries?
Many of the causes of anesthesia injuries are preventable. They occur because of human error, mistakes, and medical negligence.
Common causes of anesthesia injuries include:
- Failure to monitor a patient during and after a procedure
- Administering an incorrect amount of anesthetic
- Failing to obtain and review the patient’s medical history
- Delays in administering anesthesia
- Failure to recognize complications from the anesthesia
- Leaving a patient unattended or becoming distracted during a procedure
- Failing to intubate a patient or errors made during intubation
- Equipment malfunction or defective equipment
- Failing to maintain and inspect medical equipment used to administer anesthesia
- Communication errors between the anesthesiologist, surgeon, and other medical staff
- Allowing a patient to be sedated too long
- Errors and mistakes using oxygen
- Performing duties while under the influence of alcohol or drugs or when excessively fatigued
Sadly, patients suffer extreme harm because of preventable anesthesia errors. The injuries sustained can cause permanent disabilities.
Common Types of Injuries Caused by Anesthesia Errors
We trust medical providers to take care of us.
When they are negligent or careless, injuries occur.
Errors with anesthesia can cause injuries including:
- Brain damage
- Birth injuries and congenital disabilities
- Tracheal injury and damage
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis
- Loss of bodily functions
- Stroke, heart attack, and other cardiovascular injuries
- Injuries caused by lack of oxygen supply
- Wrongful death
Medical malpractice cases involving anesthesia errors can be difficult to prove. You must have evidence proving malpractice to recover compensation for your injuries and damages.
Who is Liable for Anesthesia Injuries?
A doctor, nurse, medical facility, or another party could be liable for anesthesia injuries.
Medical malpractice claims require that you prove:
- The party owed you a duty of care
- There was a breach of the duty of care
- That breach was the direct cause of your injury
- You sustained damages because of the breach and your injuries
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Oklahoma City Anesthesia Injuries Lawyer
If you suspect that you were injured because of anesthesia errors, contact our office for a free consultation with our Oklahoma City anesthesia injury lawyer.Oklahoma’s statute of limitations limits your time to file a claim. Waiting too long to seek legal advice could result in losing your right to file a lawsuit or claim.