Oklahoma City Truck Accident Lawyer
The experienced Oklahoma City truck accident lawyers at McGuire Law Firm know how to help you through this difficult time and set you up to walk away with the money you deserve. Contact our law office to discuss your truck accident case and learn about how we might help. Your first consultation is free, contact us today at (405) 513-5658.
Have you recently been injured in an accident involving a tractor-trailer, semi-truck, 18-wheeler, or another type of large truck in Oklahoma City, OK? If so, you may have the right to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, suffering, and other damages.
Table of Contents
How McGuire Law Firm Can Help You After a Truck Accident in OKC
Accidents involving large trucks tend to cause a lot of destruction. The injuries are often catastrophic. Many times, they’re avoidable but happen because truck drivers and trucking companies are negligent. When you get hurt as a result, they must be held accountable. McGuire Law Firm can help you do that.
Collectively, our Oklahoma City personal injury lawyers have 60+ years of legal experience. Some of that experience includes time spent working for some of the very adversaries you’re likely to face – insurance companies. So, we’re uniquely prepared to help you assert your rights, demand just compensation, and walk away with the money you deserve.
When you turn to McGuire Law Firm, expect our attorneys to:
- Investigate the circumstances of your Oklahoma trucking accident
- Coordinate with accident experts and injury specialists as our attorneys analyze, build, and value your claim
- Gather relevant information and evidence that might be beneficial to your case, including trucking logs, communication reports, service and legal records, and prior accident reports
- Handle all conversations with other parties and their insurance providers on your behalf
- Aggressively negotiate so that insurance companies have no choice but to offer you a fair settlement deal, and
- Litigate your case in front of a judge and jury in OKC, if necessary.
We know how much a trucking accident can change your life. We also know that you need time to focus on getting better. Let us take the lead on your personal injury case. We’ll fight to get you every last cent you deserve. Your first consultation is free, so call to schedule yours with an experienced attorney today.
We Represent Clients in All Types of Trucking Accident Cases
There are a wide variety of ways that large trucks can get into accidents on the roads and highways around Oklahoma City.
Head-on crashes typically occur when truck drivers lose control of their vehicle and swerve into oncoming auto traffic. Because accidents of this nature tend to occur at high speeds, they often result in fatal injuries.
The large size of modern commercial trucks makes them incredibly difficult to stop in a hurry. So, when cars and SUVs make sudden stops on the highway, trucks often barrel into the back of them. The fatality rate of rear-end accidents depends almost entirely on the speed of the truck at the time of the collision.
Underride accidents occur when cars crash into the back of trucks and get lodged underneath the trailer. In most instances, the car remains stuck beneath the trailer until the truck driver can find a safe place to pull over and stop. Like head-on collisions, underride accidents are frequently fatal.
Jackknife accidents generally happen when truck drivers apply the brakes too quickly and cause the trailer to swing toward the cab. These crashes frequently cause the truck to skid and collide with other vehicles and road users – often causing severe injuries in the process.
Rollover crashes are among the most deadly types of accidents for truck drivers. They typically occur when a driver takes a corner too aggressively and the weight of the vehicle causes it to tip over.
It doesn’t matter what category your truck accident falls into. McGuire Law Firm has the experience and resources needed to help you secure compensation from those responsible. Give our law office a call to review your case at no charge today. Our Oklahoma truck and car accident lawyers are always standing by to help.
What Are The Leading Causes of Truck Accidents in Oklahoma City?
Every year, tens of thousands of Americans are killed or injured in truck wrecks. These are typically caused by one or more of the following factors:
- Speeding: The faster vehicles are moving, the less time the driver has to react to upcoming obstacles. As such, it is not at all surprising that speeding is one of the leading causes of truck accidents in the state of Oklahoma.
- Drunk Driving: When a trucker has alcohol in their system, their ability to safely operate their vehicle is greatly diminished. As a result, drunk drivers frequently collide with other road users.
- Fatigued Driving: Federal law states that truck drivers are required to take regular breaks to rest and sleep. When truckers drive for longer than they are supposed to, they become fatigued and regularly cause serious accidents.
- Distracted Driving: If a truck driver is texting or eating behind the wheel, they are not paying full attention to the road ahead and the other vehicles in their vicinity. This lack of attention frequently causes them to crash into unsuspecting motorists.
- Defective Machinery: When the driver hits the brake pedal, they expect their vehicle to begin slowing down. Similarly, when they turn the steering wheel, they expect the vehicle to start changing directions. When key components of a truck are defective or had a lack of maintenance, drivers are no longer in control, and accidents are inevitable.
It’s important to identify what caused the accident to happen in the first place. This information will be critical in determining who’s to blame. That’s why our truck accident lawyers will leave no stone unturned as we conduct an investigation into your wreck. Once we’ve determined the cause, we can set our sights on holding all responsible parties accountable.
Common Injuries Sustained By Victims of Truck Accidents
When car and SUV occupants collide with tractor-trailers they often sustain severe, life-altering injuries.
Some of the most common truck accident injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fractured bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Eye injuries
Have you been injured in an accident involving an 18-wheeler or commercial vehicle? If so, you might be entitled to some much-needed compensation. To find out for sure, all you need to do is pick up the phone and schedule a free case evaluation with an attorney at the McGuire Law Firm.
What Damages Can I Recover After an Oklahoma City Truck Accident?
If someone else caused your or a loved one’s truck accident in Oklahoma City, you can file a claim to hold them legally and financially responsible. In that claim – whether it’s submitted to the insurance company or filed with a local court – you can request both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are awarded to make up for the monetary costs, expenses, and losses that arise from your accident.
These types of awards often include money for:
- Present and future medical bills
- Lost wages and income
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Funeral and burial costs, if the accident is fatal
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, are paid to make up for the consequences of an accident that are much more personal. These are consequences that don’t come with a receipt or invoice.
Examples of non-economic damages in truck accident cases include:
- Pain and suffering from the victim or family members
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of quality of life
You can count on McGuire Law Firm to pursue maximum compensation on your behalf. Our attorneys work closely with experts to make sure we are confident that we know what your case is worth and have the evidence we need to back up our demands for compensation.
How Could Oklahoma’s Comparative Fault Rules Affect My Truck Accident Case?
It’s simple, really. Oklahoma has what’s called a modified comparative negligence system with a 51% bar to recovery. So, you can recover some compensation for your injuries as long as you share some of the blame. Once your share of the blame exceeds 50%, you’ll be prohibited from seeking damages from other parties.
If you prove to share some – but not most – of the blame, your damages will be adjusted accordingly. Your financial award will be reduced in direct proportion to your share of the blame.
For example, if a jury rules that an individual who was 20 percent at-fault for a commercial truck accident should receive $50,000 as financial restitution, that person will not receive a check for $50,000. Their payout will be reduced by 20 percent, and they will instead get a check for $40,000.
Truckers, trucking companies, and insurance providers will try to push as much of the blame onto your shoulders as they can. Our attorneys know how to fight back. If you don’t, you could watch your well-deserved compensation disappear. McGuire Law Firm can help. We’ll stand up for you, contest claims that you share responsibility, and fight to minimize how much (if any) blame you’re ultimately assigned.
Need a Knowledgeable Truck Accident Lawyer in Oklahoma City? McGuire Law Firm Can Help
Following a truck accident in Oklahoma City, OK, don’t hesitate to contact an attorney at McGuire Law Firm for help. We understand how important your injury case is – and we’re prepared to put the full force and weight of our personal injury law firm behind you. We offer a free case evaluation, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Oklahoma City trucking accident lawyers to get started today.
Oklahoma City Truck Accident Testimonial
Read more reviews here.
Oklahoma City Chiropractors
- Oklahoma City Chiropractic Clinic – 412 NW 23rd St, Oklahoma City, OK 73103
- The Joint Chiropractic – 13006 N Pennsylvania Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73120
- Physical Medicine of Oklahoma – 800 W 18th St. #100
- Hooper Chiropractic – 520 W 15th St., Edmond, OK 73013
- North OKC Chiropractic – 5109 N Shartel Ave., OKC, OK 73118
- Favorite OKC Edmond Chiropractic – 13205 Green Hill Rd., OKC, OK 73120
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse any company or profit from having them listed on our website.
Truck Accident Infographic
Additional Truck Resources
- Distraction.gov — US Government official website for distracted driving.
- National Safety Council — A nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing injuries and deaths at workplaces, communities, and roads by educating, researching, and promoting advocacy.
- US Department of Transportation — Serving the United States by providing an efficient, fast, accessible, and safe transportation system.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration — Working to achieve the highest standards of excellence in motor vehicle and highway safety, preventing car wrecks, and protecting the American people.