After an accident in Oklahoma City, you may have the right to file a legal claim and demand compensation from those responsible.
You might also wonder if you should hire an attorney to help you navigate the process. Here’s what you need to know.
When Should I Hire an Oklahoma City Personal Injury Attorney?
However, there are a multitude of circumstances under which you should always work with a professional lawyer, such as:
You Sustained a Severe, Life-Altering Injury
If your fall or car accident caused you to suffer an injury that left you with permanent disabilities or long-term health challenges, you would be well-advised to hire a lawyer as quickly as you can. Doing so could be the only way to claim compensation for your lifetime of suffering, mental pain, and ongoing healthcare expenses.
It is especially important to hire an attorney if your injury will prevent you from continuing your career since you might have no other means of earning a living for the remainder of your life.
The Insurance Company Denied Your Claim
It is, unfortunately, not at all uncommon for insurance companies to deny valid personal injury claims after slips and car accidents in Oklahoma City. They take this action because they believe that injured individuals will not understand their rights and will accept whatever the adjuster tells them.
The best way to counteract the bad faith conduct of insurance companies is to enlist the services of a skilled lawyer. They will be able to speak with the insurance adjusters to make sure they follow the law and do not try to shortchange the claimant.
Your Statute of Limitations is About to Expire
In most situations, the statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits in Oklahoma is two years. This regulation means that those who sustain injuries in accidents in Oklahoma City must almost always file suit against the liable party before the second anniversary of the incident.
People who fail to file their legal documents on time can lose their right to civil justice.
If your statutory window is about to slam shut, you would be smart to get in touch with a knowledgeable personal injury attorney today. They may be able to help you complete your paperwork in an expedited manner so you may file it with the court before the deadline passes.
Your Accident Involved Multiple Parties
Accidents involving more than two parties often lead to complicated legal disputes. If you are not careful, the other involved individuals could try to gang up against you and place all of the blame on your shoulders.
The most straightforward way to handle this nightmare situation is to hire an experienced personal injury attorney. They will work tirelessly to try to show that you are not responsible for your accident and that you ought to receive compensation from the other parties and their insurers.
How Will an Oklahoma Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me with My Case?
When you enlist the services of a skilled personal injury lawyer, like those at the McGuire Law Firm, you can expect them to help you with your case by:
- Answering your questions about Oklahoma personal injury law
- Providing you with sound legal advice and guidance as needed
- Launching a thorough investigation into the cause of your accident
- Communicating with the defendant’s insurers on your behalf
- Gathering photos, medical records, and other relevant evidence
- Developing an effective legal strategy for your personal injury claim
- Identifying the party or parties that are liable for your damages
- Helping you understand how the Oklahoma legal system functions
- Reviewing the details of your accident and assessing your damages
- Providing you with a detailed overview of your legal options
- Consulting with relevant experts about the nuances of your case
- Handling the administrative side of your personal injury lawsuit
- Negotiating a settlement deal with the other party’s insurer
- Presenting evidence and arguing on your behalf at trial, if necessary
In short, your attorney will do everything in their power to try to help you win your case.
What Questions Should I Ask Before I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Before hiring an attorney to assist you with your accident and injury claim, it’s a good idea to ask prospective candidates a few questions to learn a little more about them and their credentials.
These are some good questions to ask:
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law?
- Have you handled any insurance claims like mine in the past?
- How much time and energy can you devote to my lawsuit?
- How long do you expect my case to take to resolve?
- Do you foresee any challenges with my personal injury case?
- Will you take my case to trial if necessary?
- Do you have a track record of success in court?
- How much do you believe my case is worth?
- Can you refer me to former clients who will vouch for your abilities?
If you are happy with the answers you receive to your questions, you may enter into an agreement with the attorney immediately. Once you do, they can quickly begin fighting for the compensation you need and deserve.
How Much Will It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Oklahoma?
It is not unusual for Oklahoma City residents to refrain from hiring lawyers to assist them with their personal injury suits because they think that they cannot afford it. In reality, however, costs are seldom a barrier to enlisting the services of a legal professional.
Just about every personal injury law firm in the state of Oklahoma runs on a contingent fee basis. This billing method means that clients do not need to pay a penny unless they win their case.
When a law firm recovers compensation for their client, they take a cut of the award as their legal fee. In most cases, their share is about one-third of the total payout.
Before hiring a lawyer in Oklahoma City, you should take some time to ask them about their billing practices – to make sure they use a similar system to the rest of the field.
When Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer? Call Our Law Firm Today
“When should I hire a personal injury lawyer in Oklahoma City?” We hope we have provided you with a comprehensive answer to this common legal question. However, if you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to pick up the phone and call the Oklahoma City personal injury lawyers at McGuire Law Firm today.